How to Boost School Breakfast – Administrators and School Board
Follow these steps to successfully implement and support boosting school breakfast:
- Be an active member and/or advocate for your school’s Boost School Breakfast Team.
- Learn more by signing up for Action for Healthy Kids and viewing their breakfast- related information
- Learn from other administrators.
- Work with the team to create Standard Operating Procedures. See example from San Diego Unified School District.
- Check out these marketing ideas
- Promote school breakfast to families and speak positively about it to staff
- Share the School Breakfast Boosts Students handouts
- Participate in evaluation activities planned by the team, such as tracking student behavior, attentiveness and academic performance.
- Share evaluation results with staff, school board and families.