Getting Started – Families
- Be realistic. Starting a breakfast program takes time, so start small.
- Educate yourself on the financial impact of school breakfast.
- Learn what other schools have done to increase breakfast participation.
- Port Huron Success Story
Make a Plan
- Schedule a meeting with your school nutrition professional and follow these easy tips.
- Schedule a meeting with your school administrator to discuss the importance of school breakfast and what is happening at the school.
- Offer to be part of a Boost School Breakfast team to help create and implement the plan.
- Investigate all the school breakfast models to find which one(s) may work best.
- Look for potential funding to implement your plan.
- Meet with parent groups to develop a unified plan on how to support the school to implement their plan.